Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Closure

It is time to mothball this blog.

I've been thinking about doing this for some time. I'm doing so now for a few reasons.

First, the blog's purpose, thank the Lord, has been fulfilled.

You've probably noticed, but in recent months I've gravitated more to the mundane than the blog's original purpose, which was to connect, inspire, vent and educate. I can and may still do those things, but it will be much less frequent and focused on the original purposes of RFD.

It is time to move on. I will still volunteer, run races, fund-raise and all those things, but we've been given a gift. Dori is a survivor. Normal times have returned. Blessings in hand, we move on, but never to forget.

I will still follow other blog friends closely. You continue to mean much to Dori and me. God has connected us forever, for which we are grateful.

Our very best to each and every one of you!

5 comments:

Ronni Gordon said...

When I read the first sentence, I said out loud, "Oh, no!" I've enjoyed reading the blog and have found it to be everything you said you wanted it to be. Mostly, I found two friends "out there." Thanks for everything and good luck to two great people. Hope to meet you in cyberspace sometime. In the meantime, I'll miss you!

PJ said...

I think you said this once before Jim. Let's stay in touch via email. I enjoy hearing from Dori now and then. I know that if I'm ever in your neck of the woods, you'll make me one of your delicious dinners.

Keep on running, especially to clear the head. Writing does that too so you might want to keep a journal or do some other kind of writing.

Ann said...

Although I understand your reasons for shelving the blog, I will miss your writing none the less. It has been a pleasure following Dori and the gang these many months. I've taken away some valuable lessons and been inspired throughout. Please don't be a stranger as you and your family have become very dear to your fans at large, me included. Hugs to you all and best wishes on this next chapter of your journey.

ChuckEastNashville said...

Jim, I understand your reasons for giving up this blog. I will miss these updates and Friday night videos. Best wishes to you, Dori and children. See you on the roads soon.

Renee Brown said...

Jim, I will miss dropping in from time to time to catch up on yours and Dori's amazing adventure. Thank you for all the inspiration and wonderful sharing of your lovely family.

I know you will still be out running, dog in tow, and please keep in touch.

Love,
Aunt Renee