Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Course

We drove most of the rest of the course today. Amazing, simply amazing. It's breathtaking.

It's super-flat the first eight miles with one small hill, then starts to roll gently until Mile 13, then gets bumpy and quite hilly to Mile 22. The last three miles are flat. The preview guide quotes some veterans who say this marathon is tougher than Boston.

I'm feeling better and my energy is building. I was a little concerned last night and this morning. No longer, knock on wood.

Winds are gusting to 40 MPH right now and the rains have started. I'd like to see it blow through as predicted. The winds and rain look like they'll subside right before the race. At the 8:30 a.m. EST start gun, it looks partly cloudy and 55 degrees with WNW winds at 10 MPH. Through noon, the temperature is supposed to stay constant as winds switch from the NW and pick up to 18 MPH.

This looks like good running weather!

1 comment:

Donna said...

JIM!!!
I had no idea it was here already! You'll do great... Enjoy it. I have been thinking of songs for you ipod and have some ideas - but I didn't realize it was already here. The cheers of the crowd is actually the best music. Write your name on the front of your shirt so they can cheer for you by name. :)
I'll be praying for you - I can't wait to hear about it. Give Dori and the kids our love.