Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall Break

Based on yesterday's photos, you might suspect I had a great bike ride. It was beyond incredible, 25 miles of wonderful scenery and crisp air on the panoramic Natchez Trace Parkway. I slept 10 hours last night and am a "happy sore" this morning.

I've needed time away from the office, so I took two vacation days. On Thursday, Dori and I took Pepper and three ready-to-empty minds to Radnor Lake for a walk. The colors were amazing, just like on the Natchez Trace. We seemingly wait all year for this special time, and we're going to take advantage of every bit of it.


















Another Thursday highlight: Dori visited her employer, a small bank, for the first time since her relapse and remission. The entire bank - probably 25 employees - spent quality time laughing with and loving on Dori. It was remarkable, just great people showing support and encouragement. I personally thanked them for all their prayers, e-mails and CaringBridge posts. They make a tremendous difference.

Tonight, Dori and I will celebrate our 16th anniversary, which was actually yesterday. Every occasion is special, but this one will be a little more so.