Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Rut

I headed out this morning for a seven miler in perfect conditions, especially for early June - mid-50s and very dry. My earlier runs this week were six, four and three miles. None were stellar, as I am in "the rut."

As I listened to The Dream Academy, I clicked off 9:30s before needing a pit stop at the Circle K. When I returned to the road, I saw some familiar faces ... Melissa and Rhonda, two Team in Training stalwarts and fine ladies.

They asked about Dori and her teaching job. We talked about speed work, upcoming races and a local vineyard. Pow! Before I knew it, we'd run 2.5 miles at an 8:45/mile pace, which seemed much easier than my solo effort. Maybe that's what I need to get out of this funk ... company!

I love the fact that my 11-year-old appreciates the oldies, given her joy this week of an episode of "classic Spongebob." Better late than never, here are some Friday Night Flashbacks, starting with powerful words and soaring saxophone.



I also love this one from Gerry Rafferty. The words fit my girl. More good stuff from Coldplay and Kansas, a favorite of Dori the high school violinist. Sprinkle in a little Olivia Newton-John, who's a little too sexy for her love ... but this will make sister Anne happy.

Finally, some fun at the House Party. Admit it, you like it. But watch out for words that got Imus in trouble.



1 comment:

ChuckEastNashville said...

All I can say about the Gerry Rafferty video is,"Hey Dave, love the show. First time caller, long time listener."