Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Little Birdie

This morning, my daughter called me at the hospital and excitedly said, "Dad, we have a hummingbird!"

Let me share what this means to me. In April, I put out a hummingbird feeder, anticipating last year's hummingbird would return soon thereafter. May, June and July passed, and no hummingbird. I've thought about moving the feeder. Once, I pondered taking it down, a thought I quickly dismissed with an inward tongue-lashing.



Now that we have our new visitor, I am glad we were patient. To have given up hope would have been counterproductive. These days, I'm frustrated at times and often tired, keeping up with so many, many things. But I won't succumb to hopelessness.

Damn, it's good to have that hummingbird in our yard!

2 comments:

~Katie said...

I found you via Kelly Arrowsmith Van De Ryte. We grew up together and went to SBA together! :) I went on to Father Ryan and she went to SCA. We have reconnected through FB! Gotta LOVE FB! I have visited the Caring Bridge page and saw the photos of your daughter with her SBA shirt on. :) It brought back sweet memories. I just wanted to pop in and tell you that we are praying for Dori and your family. What a beautiful family you have! We live in the Cool Springs area and would LOVE to help in any way that we can. But rest assured, the paryers are a plenty! God Bless. -Katie Taylor

Oh and P.S. - Hope and Faith. I believe that hummingbird was sent to deliver that message! :)

PJ said...

Keep those wings going.