Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sisters in Arms

I have enjoyed being at work the last two days. It's been a glimpse of normalcy.

I've also enjoyed watching Dori eat and sleep well. Man, does she deserve that. She's looking better each day, and I know she's enjoyed having her Dad here. The reprieve and company have been welcome.

Screw running in this weather. At 8:30 this evening, it's 90 degrees with a "feels like" of 99. Sheesh. Who wants to run in that? I'm glad I ran 10 last weekend and rode the bike Monday with Will. For now, I'll wait a few more days for weather that's not ridiculous.

Tonight, Dori spoke with a friend from her brief teaching career who has been diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma. The conversation, the side I heard, was palpable. I could see the emotion, however, on both sides. Dori encouraged her friend with perfect words only a fellow combatant can offer. Dori's next clinic visit is Friday, and she'll see her friend there.

It looks like Dori will have a biopsy mid week and then we'll get a plan proposal. The kids start school tomorrow, and we're glad. They need some routine, though they've been fairly active this summer. I will say we have too many electronic devices in our house. Way too many.

No comments: