Saturday, January 19, 2008

More humbling news

I continue to be humbled by good news. I learned this morning that the mother of my friend Beth Fortune has completed her radiation treatments for a cancerous tumor on her brain. There's Vanderbilt and our Good Lord to the rescue again! Becky Fortune is doing well and has a two-month pass away from VUMC. Please keep the Fortunes in your prayers. Also, Elizabeth Antony's sister-in-law had a good report - no lymphoma! This has been a very cool week.

Equally encouraging is the news that our friend Kim Swindall, an 11th floor friend of ours, is doing well with his battle against leukemia. A super guy, Kim had his transplant last month. Candy Rucker is receiving chemo for her lymphoma and will have a stem-cell transplant next week. I ask that you say a prayer for both at this critical time for them.

Last night at Mom's was wonderful. We sipped some good wine and toasted Dori the Warrior with champagne. The dinner Anne and Mom prepared was typically delicious - grilled hangar steak and roasted herbed chicken, polenta, roasted sweet potatoes, a roasted mix of potatoes, carrots and some other goodies, and my favorite, brussel sprouts with pancetta (awesome!). We had cupcakes from Dessert Designs, then headed home and crashed hard.

My back feels better ... so I may try a run this morning.

No comments: