Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sidelined

Training is on hold and has been since Wednesday. I haven't felt right all week and spent most of yesterday in bed. As Dori said, "I know you're not feeling well when all you want to do is sleep."

At least I have an explanation for Sunday's bad run and general lethargy all week. The culprit is a sinus infection (headache, fatigue, puffy eyes, scratchy throat and dryness, all the fun stuff). I woke up Friday morning at 4:30 to run, but bailed after realizing that was a bad idea. Around 7, I couldn't keep my eyes open so I crawled back into bed. I woke up at 11:30, checked my voicemail and blackberry, and shut my eyes again until about 3.

I have no motivation to do much right now, much less run. C'est la vie. Not a big deal and my body probably is enjoying the break from the pounding during this training cycle - 327 miles to date. Looks like a day filled with college football and playing with the new iPod Nano Dori bought me.

No comments: