Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Just Miles

I ran six miles yesterday morning at 4:30 before hitting the road for business. I slept in this morning in my hotel room. I had no motivation to run. This evening back in Nashville, I ran 5.0 at Radnor Lake in 45:30, a 9:06/mile pace. It was warm, so I was happy with the time on the hilly course. I brought it home well.

That's a lot more than I can say about Tuesday morning's jog. Pace was 10:15/mile, and I summoned some grit to get it that low. I just had a rough morning where the soreness never left. The last 1.5 miles are mostly uphill, so the end was "fun." I did see a large coyote sprint through the neighborhood a lot faster than me. Now I know why the rabbit population is low this year.

Thanks to all the recent contributors - Bethany, Renee, Jim and Jim - to our effort. Trust me ... You motivate me to run through your generosity. On days I feel sub-par, I think often not only of the people who are dealing with blood cancer but also of the giving people who are joining us in this fight.

No comments: