Friday, August 22, 2008

Rest Period

I definitely need a break from running. After a long week at work, I had no desire to get up at 5 a.m. tomorrow to run. So I decided to do my long run tonight. My goal was to run at least nine through Belle Meade.

I made the first 5.5 miles down Belle Meade Blvd. at a 9:28/mile pace in 90 degree heat. It wasn't humid, though. After a fuel stop, I headed back out at a slightly slower pace. My left instep started to bother me, but it wasn't painful. Then my left calf started talking around 6.5 miles. I shut it down just over 7.0 miles at a 9:37/mile pace and walked back to the car. That's it for the week. Only 21 miles and time to take it easy for a few days.

Dori is going to 11 North at VUMC Monday to visit a friend of a friend who was just diagnosed with leukemia. One day, that floor will be empty, thanks to many of you.

I need to watch and post some retro music videos ... Time for FNF.

No comments: