Monday, March 10, 2008

Driving Again

I'm waxed, so this will be a short one. Dori drove a car today for the first time since September. Even better, she picked up the kids from school. I called her this afternoon, and she was still on the high of doing something she hadn't done in a long time. In fact, I think this was her first school run since May. Important stuff for her, the kids and me.

Last summer and fall, Dori simply was trying to survive. Then, for many months, she focused on taking baby steps to recovery. She's been in lockdown for so long. Now she's beginning to experience some important events that were missing for an extended period of time.

Today, my wife gleefully reclaimed some independence and normalcy in her life. Dori definitely has a bounce in her step right now, for which I give great praise. I pray for her continued progress every night, as I know many of you do. Dori and I thank you for your spiritual support.

No comments: