Thursday, May 29, 2008

Blogging Siesta

I attended a Team in Training meeting tonight at the Corner Pub in Midtown. The good news: There were a lot of people there for the meeting. The bad news: There were a lot of people there for the meeting.

I've sent out my first e-mail to friends I'm asking to help with my TNT effort. Here's the link to my fundraising page to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Please donate and please let people know about the page. Let's put a hurt on blood cancer this year.

I received an e-mail today from a friend who said she's been diagnosed with Large B Cell Lymphoma. She tells me this is treatable, and she's optimistic about recovery. She received the news on the heels of her husband dealing with blood cancer the last few years. We're living during an epidemic, folks. I have added her to my ever-growing prayer list for cancer patients and survivors.

I ran six miles early yesterday morning and another four late this afternoon. The six-miler was interesting. I woke up at 4 a.m. and started the run before 4:30. It was raining steadily, and Dumbo forgot his running hat. So the rain, recognizing my error, picked up and hammered my exposed face. After awhile, you get used to it, just like what happened at the Tom King race in March. But it will be nice to have the hat next time.

This afternoon's run was also interesting. My legs felt heavy from the start, and the heat and humidity (82 and 65%) were noticeable. The run still felt fine because I took it slowly, but it's clear the body is adjusting to the changing weather.

I'm likely going to hang up my blogging cleats for a brief spell. Shouldn't be too long, but it's time to recharge some batteries. Until we blog again ...

No comments: