Thursday, July 17, 2008

Progress

Lots of good things to talk about and think about ...

My run this morning went great. I ran 5.0 miles on the Belle Meade course on which I tanked seven days ago. I ran alone at my own pace. Conditions were nicer, too (dewpoint in the low 60s, temp around 66). I shook out the ya-yas the first mile, running a 9:30. Miles two and three were in the 9:00/mile range. Miles four and five were 8:30s or a shade lower. Time: 45:02. Even better, I felt strong at the end of the run; I had horsepower remaining.

Fundraising this week has been outstanding. Many more friends and family have stepped up to help. Many thanks to Rob, Dawn and Albert, Rachel, Jim and Peggy, Renee and the NY Relatives ... all of you ... Thank you, thank you, thank you. We're at $8,250 collected and $11,250 pledged. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society folks are grateful, and so are we.

Full steam ahead ... Have a great day!

No comments: