Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Bring It, Chuck

Our Tennessee weather has been predictably unpredictable. The other day, it was 73 degrees. A few days later, it was 9 degrees. Today, it's in the low 60s and rainy. We've had a wet December. Perhaps because of the wild swings, I've been battling the crud of late.

I've had a few windows where I felt ok. I ran three and four miles this weekend with Pepper, felt rotten on Monday and then ran five miles this afternoon after the downpour stopped. My fitness is average, though I've slipped since the Boulevard Bolt on Thanksgiving.

I haven't been as motivated to run lately, choosing rather to enjoy the break since the Nike in October. Today, in my inbox was motivation to get back at it. Chuck Hendry, Dori's pal on 11 North, sent the following CaringBridge update today:



I am feeling much better since getting off of the medications last month. After a year and a half of steroids and immune suppression drugs I finally for the first time since getting sick feel NORMAL. ...

I have even gone back to the gym and started to work out again. I have committed to running the Music City Half Marathon in April so I am in training. I hope to be participating in this event with Team In Training which raises money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society so I will be asking for donations as we get closer to the event. I will have a Team that I will have to raise ex amount of pledges for that will be donated to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. More later!


We can't wait, Chuck ... for the race and to write you a check.

No comments: