Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Yesterday was the first day I felt recovered. Color returned to my face, several folks noted. Realizing my fortunate return to good health as I walked to my car last night, I began contemplating my first run in 14 days.

I didn't get back on the horse this morning. Instead, I slept in, deciding to see how things went today. Feeling strong, I left work a little early to take advantage of a gorgeous day. Pepper joined me for a three miler.

My legs felt terrific (no soreness or achilles issues). My feet felt light. My wind was ok, too, as I started a slow run. My breathing, though, was raw. My lungs and tract took a serious pounding the last two weeks. This was the only area where I don't feel fully recovered from the flu.


So I have a gameplan. Run tomorrow morning, rest Friday and then get after it Saturday - maybe six miles if I feel good. Yabba Dabba Doo, says Fred.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep on truckin!

way to be smart about the recovery!