Monday, July 9, 2007

Readying for tomorrow

Today was fairly uneventful, just a tiring day for Dori. She is increasingly tired and decided not to shave her head, but will just let the rest of her hair fall out from chemo.

Her weight has stayed steady (132 pounds today), but she has a temperature (101 degrees). Because of that, the kids and I are staying home tonight instead of paying a visit.

Dori is getting ready for her third biopsy tomorrow ... it would be great to hear Wednesday or Thursday her marrow is empty. That would mean Dori could come home in a few weeks if her blood counts come up. Of note, she is not seeing response from platelet transfusions, so the docs are working on that. The large mouth sore is gone, though, which is good ... She is taking a lot of antibiotics.

Today's workout was strength, stomach work and stretching. It went well. I will run again tomorrow. Thanks to all of you who have supported my upcoming run in Virginia with a donation ... I will thank everyone more formally down the road, but I just think you guys are awesome to want to do this for Dori. We are all running for Dori.

Jim

2 comments:

Danny said...

Hi Jim,

Just a note to let you know I read your blog and Dori's first thing every morning, and keep it open on my desktop all day. It helps me remember there are bigger and more important things going on in the world than the things I obsess over on a daily basis (AP Style, story ideas, whether or not I should go grocery shopping, etc.). You've always been all heart, but you never fail to amaze me with your positive attitude and take-action energy. You're a good man, Charlie Brown, and I'm glad to know you.

Dannygirl

Jim said...

I appreciate you, Dannygirl. Wish you and the Dominator could make it to Nashvegas July 27. Holler when you guys come north again.

Jim