Monday, July 2, 2007

Tough run today

The only thing good about today's run is it's over. No sugarcoating.

I ran 4.35 miles in 37:30, or an 8:37 pace. I felt like I was running in slow motion. It was warm (84 degrees and sunny), but humidity was down. I just felt sluggish. Runners either feel light or heavy, and today I felt like Fat Albert. I think I need a rest, so no running tomorrow, just some lifting. I plan to run the Firecracker 5K Wednesday with friend Michael Kohl.

Dori has her bonemarrow biopsy tomorrow. We will probably hear the results on the 4th. We are praying to hear the word EMPTY. That means remission has been achieved, get your blood counts back up, go home for a few weeks, and come back for the cure. If the results are as good as Dori has felt the last few days, we will be in good shape.

I walked a mile with Dori this morning; later, she hopped on the bike for 25 minutes. She has been adamant about staying on her feet. There are at least three others on her floor who are the same. One exercises four times a day. All of these people are positive and upbeat, even as they face such a challenge. It's like watching the spirit of your favorite athletes all at once. Indomitable will and character. Dori is one of them.

Thank you for your prayers. We'll post Dori's biopsy results on CaringBridge when we know them.

Jim

No comments: